Jumat, 31 Juli 2009

I found a cluster of these little offwhite colored?

things in my anole's aquarium. They look like really tiny.I mean tiny rice. I don't think they are eggs. They layed a couple about a month or two ago and it was only one at a time and they looked like snake eggs but ALOT smaller. I don't know what this is. It isn't bacteria. I know what that looks like. It appeared today. It wasn't there this morning but it was when I came home after work. Does anyone now exactly what it is before I go and call the vet tomorrow.and yes I know to call the vet so if that is all you are going to tell me.its a waste of your time.
Answers:
I have no clue.
iCK.
it is probably eggs.
it was just me gently stroking off into it because your fish looked hungry and i saw a playboy on the ground
Your anole may have some type of internal parasite. From what you're describing, that's what it sounds like. They aren't usually a problem that requires immediate attention, but you should eventually take your anole to the vet so it can get a de-wormer if parasites are indeed the case. It may also have been fly or some other type of insect larvae. Sometimes insects get into habitats and the conditions are ideal for them to lay eggs. Hope this helps.
To me it sounds like eggs. I would have to at least see a picture to know for sure. It could be insect larvae. Are they moving? Like I said I can't tell for sure without seeing them. Bring some to the vet when you go.
the anole eggs I've seen before were a decent size so I don't think this is it
could something you've been feeding the anoles laid eggs?