Jumat, 31 Juli 2009

I bought a used aquarium that had previously been set up for saltwater. I want to set it up for my snake.?

Is there anything about the salt residue I should be aware of and careful of?
Answers:
I agree with the above! Dump the water out and the snake in!
Just clean the tank out with a bleach %26 water solution. Make sure to rinse the tank completely so that you can no longer smell bleach. Let the tank dry completely %26 you're ready to set it up.
there are products out there that would clean the aquarium out, basically washing and re washing and leaving it to stand for a while is a good idea, preferably in the sun. dont use any bleaching type agent it could cause problems as would some of the house hold cleaning detergents, good old soap and water and rinsing.

Another point too is that glass type 'vivs' dont retain the heat as well as regular snake vivs!! Personally, I wouldnt do it unless i lived in a fairly tropical weathered area.

What sort of snake do ya have??
make sure to clean the aquarium well with warm soapy water.