Jumat, 31 Juli 2009

I cant cut my iguanas nails!?

I dont kno the propor wat to do it. hes only about a monthish old and i have tryed b4 but i cant do it right.someone help!
Answers:
get a vet to do it untill you feel you can do it propley
let the vet do it, if u cut to low u will kill it
dont cut them paint them ~so pretty~
Just call your local pet store and they will show you what you need to clip his nails. -Are you sure they need cutting at this early age? I think you need some expert advise, call the vet or pet store, there is another place that might cut them for you if they need it, that is your local SPCA, I'm sure they will help you.
We let the vet clip our bearded Dragon's nails during her visits. Watch next time you take the Iguana and you can learn how to do it properly. You should get a good Iguana book at a pet store or even look up "Iguana Care" on the net.
go to a vet and get them to
I would take him to a local vet that treats iquanas and have them show you exactly how to do it. You have to be careful, if you cut too close they could lose a lot of blood.
Take ur iguana to mexico. pedro will know what to do. the magic password is: "I'm a liitle gringa from America".
Use a dremel tool to dull those sharp claws in between vet visits.
just cut the very tip of its nail the black part
You think that's difficult you should wait till you try to put the lipstick on.
Pleeease don't try cutting them until you have taken it somewhere and been shown how. Also, it usually takes two people, one to hold your iguana very still so he or she doesn't get hurt, and another one to VERY CAREFULLY cut the nails.
JUST TAKE IT TO THE VET.
Doesn't anyone have iguanas that climb? I don't cut mi iggies nails I just wear leather gloves and long sleeves to avoid injuries from his claws. I personally think its wrong to cut a lizards claws if there is nothing wrong with them. They love to climb and I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize that. A happy iggie is a healthy one.