Rabu, 29 Juli 2009

how old is my green iguana?

i bought it about 8 months ago he was about 18" now he is about 22"
Answers:
If an iguana is taken care of properly, it's growth rate should average 1.5 to 2 feet every year until it is about 3 years old and might grow a couple more inches after that. So I'm guessing your iguana is about a year old. I know mine was 24 inches when he was a year old and he was at 6 feet long by the time he was 3.5 years old and weighed ten pounds. Now he's just over four years old, he's still 6 feet long but weighs 17 pounds. They don't completely stop growing till they are 8 years old. So I pretty much calculated that he will be about 25 pounds when he is full grown.
2 1/2
ask his mom when he born
so tell me how does an animal age four years in the soave of just a few months anyway but i really dont know(hey at least im honest)
u can go buy a iguana book at a library or you can look up info onlin 2 how you can tell how old yoe iguana is.
I would guess about 2 and a half years old
My 16 month old iguana is 31 inches long, so assuming that your iguana is being properly cared for he must be younger than that. According to the iguana growh chart (first link) your iguana appears to be about 1 year old. This of course is like determining the age of a human toddler by height - very unprecise.

The second link I have included is Melissa Kaplin's Iguana care section. I recommend it as good reading to be sure that you are doing thing right. Melissa Kaplin is well known in Iguana care and author of Iguana for Dummies.