Rabu, 29 Juli 2009

How much should I sell my red tail colombian boa for?

I am trying to find out how much is a reasonable price to sell a seven year old 5 1/2 foot male red tail colombian boa for. He eats, is gorgeous, docile. I'll be selling the 35 gallon terrarium, furniture, heat lamp and a few bulbs (at least one night bulb "red"), care manuals, water dish. Also, is there a good site to post this on so I can find a good home for him.
Answers:
this is sad to say,and I do hope you can find your pet a home.I have adopted 3 ball pythons and cages,because they are to big or the owner just cannot take care of them.I got them free,I also have a friend,the animal shelter calls on free roaming retic. and bermis. pythons.stay on top of it and I hope you can find it a great home for it.Getting a good price might not be as good as getting a good home.
I would call the nearest pet store or Petco and find out for sure.
it is hard to say how much you can sell him for with all his stuff, but the site you can post him on for free is called petso.org. you can post him on that site for free and it is a good site to post on. i post on it for all my animals that i need to find homes for. good luck in finding him a home. oh the way you can find out how much to sell him for is to add up all the items that you paid for him and then subtract 15%. because you won't be able to get what you paid for him but you will get something for him as long as you make a deal with who ever is interested in him, also make sure that who ever is interested in him that they know what they are doing and that they know about this specific reptile. again good luck.
If he's a proven breeder, I'd say around $120. If not, a bit lower. But that's for the snake alone. All the stuff together I'd say to sell around $70.

ReptileAuctions.com is a good place to sell.