Rabu, 29 Juli 2009

How much should the average corn snake cost at a pet store?


Answers:
I think it also depends on where u live and how many people are selling them in your area.
Here is a site that sells them for anywhere from 40 to 125
check it out
http://www.moreptiles.com/
i purchased one for $65, then did the research and found out that they should not cost any more than $50
I would say nothing more than $40. We were going to by one. But im kinda scared of snakes so I said never mind. I held it tho. Whoo hooo They are cute lil things when they are little
Snake_girl won't like my answer but it is usually cheaper to buy direct from a breeder or at a reptile show.

Pet stores have much higher overhead costs and many employees to pay for.

Oh yeah - I have bought them as cheap as $20 but of course most will be more. I would never pay more than $40 for a normal morph corn baby.
the cheaper types are available for about 40-50 dollars
May I ask why you want a corn snake, when they are so useful in nature by keeping the mice/rat population in check in the wild? They are a beautiful snake, if i may say so,
Some years ago, we found one laying under our propane tank, he wiggled his way very quickly over to our neighbors excavated new basement, i told our neighbor about it, and she looked shocked.i'm sure she had her husband check it out before they went any further, hey, corn snakes are perfectly harmless but some women just dont like 'snicks' lol. sharon t. from oHIo
Haha, actually I was going to say that buying reptiles at shows or from breeders is almost always cheaper. I'm amazed at how much people will pay for retail snakes. Once we had dumerils boas on SALE for twice the going price from a breeder, and people bought them. Oh well, the prices are out of my control, I just take care of the animals and make sure people know what they're doing when they buy them. Try to find a show or swap near you, there'll be plenty of decent, cheap corn snakes.
The more common "regular" corns usually go for about $25 @ most herp shows, while some of the more exotic morphs can go for $50-70. Normally you'll pay 15-30% more @ a pet shop. Most breeders @ the shows are reputable %26 knowledgeable, but it never hurts to take someone with experience with you.