Rabu, 29 Juli 2009

How often does a 2 year old California King Snake shed it's skin?

I have a new pet California King Snake. I have noticed that he has shed once already since I bought him 2 months ago and he is looking like he is going to shed again.Is this normal? Seems like he should shed less.
Answers:
That is fine. My 3 year old king snake will shed ever 1-2 months. She eats two mice every week. Your snake should eat ever week and shed every 1-2 months at that age. Have fun with him they are such wonderful reptiles.
ummmmmmmmm snakes in the wild only shead 1 or 2 times a year u may be feeding it too much if he is ging to shead again so soon it is because he is growing check with a pet store on how uch u should feed it usually 1 time a week is what the say
if your snake is a young snake, he will shed as he grows, so every time you see him shed he is growing.
Snakes shed both for growth but also to reduce mite infestations. Examine the skin carefully as mites are very small. To avoid mites and to elimanate them, I use Vapona strips (Dichlorvos) in a pint Mason jar. I cut a circle of screen wire to fit on the ring of a jar lid (canning jar rings) to prevent the snake from coming in contact with the Vapona, and put it in the cage for 24 hours.then remove it and replace the lid with a regular lid to prevent evaporation. Edycsis or shedding is also an indication of health.if the shed comes off in one piece (or mainly so), this shows good health, and a two month interval is pretty normal. I have one cobra that sheds about every sixth week.
snakes will shed when they need too my ballpython sheds once every 4 weeks almost on the dot what u wana worry about is ifff he sheds in pieces ..which means you are not keeping his humidity high enough in his cage gl my friend