Minggu, 02 Agustus 2009

I have a green iguana and i am interested in house breaking him..do you know of sites or references?

He is just a baby still.. and i'm trying to train him to be able to roam around the house and to be very social and i cant have him going the bathroom all over the place.. i just need some references to go by.. i have looked and searched for about 6 months now on many things.. and have had them in the past.. but my dad always did the training.. and he and i dont speak any longer.. and suggestions?
Answers:
go to http://www.anapsid.org/ there is a section on housebreaking your iggys. Also there is a very good group at yahoo called babyiguanas group if your serious about proper care and raising of your baby.
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/babyi.
get over your issues and talk to your dad.
Try this website. http://marie.thoughtshop.net/sammy_j/toi.


http://www.reptilerescueca.org/101-tamin.
You want your iguana to break houses?

What is this? A Japanese Godzilla movie?
My Iguana is housebroken. She only goes to the bathroom in: a corner in my kitchen when she's indoors, and a patch of pachysandra when she's outdoors. I'm not quite sure how we trained her.When she was little, we would let her swim and relax in the tub for a little while each day, which stimulated her to go the bathroom in the tub. After she stopped liking the tub, whenever it was around the time of day she liked to go, we would put her in the bathroom and she would go behind the toilet and do it. (When we moved, she changed her preferred spot) She does not like to go the bathroom in open areas. She likes to be kind of hidden, such as in a corner, or in the plants. I also have found that flushing the toilet or running the sink makes her "go" faster.
My 2 adult iggies only use the bathroom when immersed in water..so I would suggest a daily bath at the same time every day, should take care of potty time.
google it
What I did to train my monitors was to let them go outside the cage (I know it is nasty but worth it in the long run). 9 times out of 10 they would go in the same place and all I did was let them. Then I just laid out newspaper where they went the most and used that. When they were comfortable with the newspaper I just moved the paper to wher I wanted them to go and they followed with it. It took about 3 months to do this but considering how long they live it was worth it. After about 6 more months I was able to make the switch to kitty litter. A long time yes but considering reptiles are all about instinct teaching them is a lengthy process. That is what worked for me.